Skip to Main Content
Faculty - Library Reserves
- Use the Library Reserves section in Canvas to create a course materials list and place all requests.
- Library staff will automatically locate or generate digital copies of requested materials and link them to your list.
- We encourage you to include items that you know the library does not own; we'll figure it out.
- Requests for book scanning can take up to 4 weeks.
- Harvard Library's Course Reserves page gives additional guidance on turnaround times and access options, as well as the request process.
- If the Library Reserves section is not visible in your Canvas course, here are instructions on how to make it visible or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have the tool turned on.
- Plan Ahead. We give priority to requests submitted by these dates:
- Fall term: August 1
- J-term: November 15
- Spring term: December 1
- Summer term: May 15
- You will find Video Guides and Guided Tours in the question mark (?) menu option once you select Library Reserves within your Canvas course.
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
Students - Library Reserves
- Access online course reserves through Canvas.