Skip to main content
Libraries and Features
- All students have access to online library resources, through Harvard Key.
- All libraries of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) are open to active Extension School degree candidates and premedical program participants with a Harvard student ID card, or to currently registered Extension School students with a class participant library card.
- The Harvard Library website offers a Find a Space tool, which allows you to search for group study rooms and the availability of features like computers, laptops, printers, whiteboards, and whether or not food and drink is allowed. The Smith Campus Center also has amenities, drop-in spaces, and rooms for students to reserve. Please note, when booking group study spaces you may have to contact individual libraries like Cabot, directly, if you have trouble with the online booking system.
- The Harvard Extension Computer Lab is available for students, as well as additional spaces and services, such as the Lamont Multimedia Lab.
Borrowing and Get It Services
- The Borrow, Renew and Return Library Materials webpage contains information about borrowing privileges, renewing and returning, and accessing materials.
- For BorrowDirect and Interlibrary Loan, print materials are only available to students on-campus, as these materials must be picked-up and returned on-campus to one of the FAS libraries within Harvard Library. Interlibrary Loan may be used remotely for online articles to which Harvard doesn't have access.
- BorrowDirect Plus offers students the ability to visit Borrow Direct Plus institutions throughout the United States and receive a library card to borrow materials.
- Scan and Deliver, which offers an electronic scan of one book chapter or one article from a journal, is available to all students, online or on-campus.
- A How to Use Your Harvard Key guide helps explain various ways to get online articles for free through Harvard.
Special Collections and Archives