Ask a Librarian for Research Help
- Ask a Librarian offers an online chat service, email help, research appointments, and FAQs.
- To meet in Zoom, use the Ask a Librarian page's Request a Research Appointment form to schedule an appointment.
- Email Mary Frances Angelini, Librarian for the Extension School firstname.lastname@example.org or Jonathan Paulo, Online Learning and Reference Librarian email@example.com for research help.
Harvard Library - Best Resources
- HOLLIS searches Harvard Library collection and a huge index of subscription content.
- HOLLIS User Guide for help searching in HOLLIS.
- Research Guides help recommend the best resources for research in specific subject areas. Best used by browsing the guides by Subject.
- Databases page allows you to search for specific databases, or browse the best databases in specific subject areas.
- The Harvard Extension Writing Center offers online and in-person meetings with writing tutors. Visit their website to schedule an appointment. You will also find links to additional writing resources.
- Research Management and Citation Tools at Harvard provides help with getting started with Zotero and EndNote citation tools, and also lists upcoming classes and workshops.
- HarvardWrites is a resource covering the elements of academic writing.
- Finding Your Voice: Understanding academic integrity and graduate writing at Harvard, Harvard Library tutorial
- Using Sources Effectively and Responsibly, from the Extension School, provides a variety of helpful resources.
- Interrogating Texts is a helpful library guide offering six reading habits to develop.
Career and Academic Resource Center (CARC) Webinars
The following webinars about Harvard Library are listed in the Academic Videos, Miscellaneous: Study Skills, Resources, and More section:
- An Overview of Harvard Research Guides and Databases
- Introduction to Harvard Library Resources
- Improve Your Assignments and Research Papers with HOLLIS
The following webinar about Zotero appears in the Academic Videos, Citing and Referencing section:
Additional Research Support
- Our Virtual Media Lab is a central hub for students and faculty to avail themselves of the full range of media support and resources, including video tutorials, workshops, and consultations.
- We offer Visualization Support, for incorporating visualization techniques into coursework, research, or teaching. In addition to scheduling consultations, there are also workshops on topics like creating effective data visualizations and using Tableau software.
- The Library Support for Qualitative Research guide helps with methodology, data management, NVivo, and more, including a list of upcoming workshops.
- The Beginner's Guide to Locating and Using Numeric Data provides support with finding and using data and statistics.