Welcome to Harvard Library! This guide will help support your use of library resources and services. Please review the Visit the Libraries, Research Help, HOLLIS, Library Reserves, Theses, and Other Libraries pages for helpful recommendations, links, and support.
- Harvard Library's Borrow Materials and Use Our Services During COVID-19 page gives the most up-to-date information about our phased re-opening.
- Harvard Library spaces will begin reopening this Fall 2021 semester. See this news article for more details.
- Harvard Library FAQs regarding COVID-19 will help answer popular questions.
- We no longer have the increased access to digitized books through HathiTrust (a temporary pandemic arrangement) with library buildings reopening this August.
- Scan and Deliver, which offers an electronic scan of book chapters (two per book not exceeding 20% of the work) or journal articles (two per issue) is available to all students.
Need More Help?
If you didn't find the help you needed on this guide, here are some additional options for help:
- The Get Research Help webpage offers various resources, including finding subject specialists, which is a good idea for degree-candidates working towards a thesis.
- The Ask a Librarian webpage offers an online chat service, an email form if you are unsure about who to ask for subject-expertise help or specific questions, and a form to request a research appointment.
- Also, feel free to email Mary Frances Angelini, Research Librarian for the Extension School firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jonathan Paulo, Online Learning and Reference Librarian email@example.com.
News and Updates
- The Harvard Library Calendar contains information about upcoming events, such as workshops for students, like HOLLIS workshops, and workshops for faculty, like the Teaching with the Library series.
- Register for a DCE CARC webinar led by Jonathan Paulo, providing an overview of HOLLIS, on Monday September 20th, 12pm-1pm EST.
- Attend a one-time Zotero class to learn more about organizing your research. Check the Research Management and Citation Tools at Harvard page for upcoming online classes.