Welcome to Harvard Library! This guide will help support your use of library resources and services. Please review the Visit the Libraries, Research Help, HOLLIS, Library Reserves, Theses, Other Libraries, and One-Minute Videos pages for helpful recommendations, links, and support.
- Currently, for Harvard Extension School, only degree candidates and premedical program participants are eligible to visit the libraries. Your Harvard ID is all that is needed, as Covid testing is no longer required. Masks are not required, although consider wearing one while inside the library. If you have any questions about masking or other Covid related questions, please contact the library you intend to visit.
News and Updates
- The Harvard Library Calendar contains information about upcoming events, such as workshops for students, like HOLLIS workshops, and workshops for faculty, like the Teaching with the Library series.
- Attend a one-time Zotero class to learn more about organizing your research. Check the Research Management and Citation Tools at Harvard page for upcoming online classes and user group meetings.
- View our recently created One-Minute Videos for quick research help on specific tasks.
Career and Academic Resource Center (CARC) Webinars
Recent recordings of webinars about Harvard Library are listed in the Academic Videos, Miscellaneous: Study Skills, Libraries, Resources, and More section:
- An Overview of HOLLIS, Harvard Library's Catalog
- An Overview of Harvard Research Guides and Databases
A webinar on Zotero appears in the Academic Videos, Citing and Referencing section:
A webinar on writing a literature review appears in the Academic Videos, Writing Skills Building section:
Need More Help?
- The Get Research Help webpage offers various resources, including finding subject specialists, which is a good idea for degree-candidates working towards a thesis.
- The Ask a Librarian webpage offers an online chat service, an email form if you are unsure about who to ask for subject-expertise help, and a form to request a research appointment.
- Email Mary Frances Angelini, Research Librarian for the Extension School email@example.com, or Jonathan Paulo, Online Learning and Reference Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org.