Welcome to Harvard Library! This guide will help support your use of library resources and services. Please review the Visit the Libraries, Research Help, HOLLIS, Library Reserves, Theses, and Other Libraries pages for helpful recommendations, links, and support.
- Harvard Library's Borrow Materials and Use Our Services During COVID-19 page gives the most up-to-date information about our phased re-opening.
- Harvard Library FAQs regarding COVID-19 will help answer popular questions.
- Emergency Full Text Access: HathiTrust FAQ explains their opening up of nearly 2 million copyright-protected items where Harvard Library owns a physical copy.
Need More Help?
If you didn't find the help you needed on this guide, here are some additional options for help:
- The Get Research Help webpage offers various resources, including finding subject specialists, which is a good idea for degree-candidates working towards a thesis.
- The Ask a Librarian webpage offers an online chat service, an email form if you are unsure about who to ask for subject-expertise help or specific questions, and a form to request a research appointment.
- Also, feel free to email Mary Frances Angelini, Research Librarian for the Extension School firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jonathan Paulo, Online Learning and Reference Librarian email@example.com.
News and Updates
- Harvard Library is debuting a Book Mailing Service pilot for students, faculty, and staff who can't use the Book Pickup Service. They will mail 10 books at a time, with a semester limit of 100 books.
- Upcoming workshop: Unbridged Epilogue workshop: Zotero for Graduate Students. Will be offered twice, Wednesday, April 14 at 12pm ET (register here) and Friday, April 16 at 10am ET (register here).
- The Harvard Library Calendar contains information about upcoming events, such as workshops for students, like the Harvard Library Research Fundamentals series, and workshops for faculty, like the Teaching with the Library series.
- Attend a one-time Zotero or EndNote class to learn more about these tools. Check the Research Management and Citation Tools at Harvard page for upcoming online classes in Spring 2021.