A Note from the Library Director
- Action for Children's Television
- Historical Textbooks
- History of Education and Teacher Training Schools
- Jeanne S. Chall Collection on the Teaching of Reading
- Private School Catalogs
- Public School Reports
- Manuscript Collections
We aim for inclusive educational experiences on the HGSE campus, and we want everyone to feel safe within our environment. While masks are not required, they are recommended them for your well-being.
To take best advantage of Gutman Library, here are a few notes to consider:
1. Be sure to ask for help! In January 2023, we opened many of our newly renovated 2nd floor spaces. Check out our Renovation FAQs and updates for latest information about the renovation.
2. The renovated areas include a new library services help desk; two study areas for silent or quiet work; a computing area with a scanner, copier, and printer; new multipurpose conference rooms that will also be available for the Writing Center & Communications Lab; a Special Collections reading room; and library personnel work spaces.
3. Already renovated spaces are available to use such as our upgraded 4th floor open study spaces and our renovated open-air, roof-top patio.
4. We offer expanded consulting services in digital scholarship, critical pedagogy, and research data management support. Also, get to know your program librarians.
5. Visit our 1st floor Gutman Gallery and attend our in-person and virtual book talks for the latest intersections of scholarship, culture, education, and policy research.
5. Lastly, make use of our affiliated services and spaces such as --
- Writing Center & Communications Lab (2nd floor / virtual)
- Jeanne Chall Reading Lab (Larsen Hall – ground level)
My colleagues and I want to hear from you! Share your ideas about how we can build stronger partnerships in research, teaching, learning, and service by writing to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting your designated HGSE program, foundation, or concentration liaison librarian via our online form.
Best wishes for the spring semester ahead!
Alex R. Hodges
HGSE Librarian and Director, Monroe C. Gutman Library