A Note from the Library Director
- Action for Children's Television
- Historical Textbooks
- History of Education and Teacher Training Schools
- Jeanne S. Chall Collection on the Teaching of Reading
- Private School Catalogs
- Public School Reports
- Manuscript Collections
We aim for inclusive educational experiences on the HGSE campus, and we want everyone to feel safe within our environment. While masks are not required, as someone who had severe covid over the summer, I do recommend them for your well-being.
To take best advantage of Gutman Library, here are a few notes to consider:
1. Our 2nd floor is under renovation. Be sure to ask for help!
2. Already renovated spaces are available to use such as our upgraded 4th floor open study spaces and our renovated open-air, roof-top patio.
3. We offer expanded consulting services in digital scholarship, critical pedagogy, and research data management support. Also, get to know your program librarians.
4. Visit our 1st floor Gutman Gallery and attend our virtual book talks for the latest intersections of scholarship, culture, education, and policy research.
5. Lastly, make use of our affiliated services and spaces such as --
- Writing Center & Communications Lab (2nd floor / virtual)
- Jeanne Chall Reading Lab (Larsen Hall – ground level)
My colleagues and I want to hear from you! Share your ideas about how we can build stronger partnerships in research, teaching, learning, and service by writing to me at email@example.com or by contacting your designated HGSE program, foundation, or concentration liaison librarian via our online form.
Best wishes and always grateful for your communication,
Alex R. Hodges
HGSE Librarian and Director, Monroe C. Gutman Library