Find Technical Reports
Technical reports are often sponsored by a governmental agency, an academic institution, or a company (e.g. HP Labs). Many reports are freely available on the web, others are available from libraries, and some may not be available at all. Please ask a librarian if you need assistance locating reports.
- NTIS: National Technical Information Service
- National Technical Reports Library (NTRL)
- OSTI.gov - U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) - U.S. Department of Defense
- NASA Technical Report Server (NTRS)
- NACA (National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics)
- TRID - TRID provides access to more than 1.2 million records of transportation research worldwide.
- RAND Reports - The RAND Corporation is a research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous. RAND is nonprofit, nonpartisan, and committed to the public interest.
- TRAIL-Technical Report Archive and Image Library - TRAIL identifies, acquires, catalogs, and digitizes technical reports issued primarily prior to 1976
- Technical Reports Collections - The Library of Congress Science, Technology & Business Division