Get Started with the Library
This guide provides helpful tips on finding library material at Harvard and beyond. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach me via email, phone, or Zoom.
Harvard Library homepage
Harvard Library - start here to find the library catalog (HOLLIS), library hours, locate a study space, ask for help, explore our collections, learn about upcoming events and special exhibits, and much more.
Harvard Library provides 100s of tailor-made research guides on a wide variety of subjects, services, and subject areas.
- Engineering - includes Inspec, Compendex, IEEE Xplore, SPIE, PubMed with full-text
- Chemical - includes SciFinder, Reaxys, Cambridge Structural Database (CSD)
- Medical School Library Resources
Ask a Librarian
Ask A Librarian is a service that allows you to contact email, chat, request an appointment with a library specialist, and search our FAQs.
- Citation Tools like Zotero organize book and article references and help format your bibliographies in a large variety of citation styles.
- Overleaf Pro is LaTeX and Rich Text collaborative writing and publishing tool that makes the process of academic writing, editing and publishing much quicker and easier.
- BrowZine allows easy browsing and reading of journals
- LinkedIn Learning, formerly lynda.com, provide excellent training videos
- Harvard Syllabus Explorer can be used to discover new courses and find course reading lists.