Find book-length biographies of individuals in the HOLLIS Catalog and WorldCat (A collective catalog of thousands of libraries in Harvard Libraries) by doing a subject search on the individual's name.
Many catalog records for biographies bear a general Subject term that serves to collect together biographies of individuals sharing particular characteristics. Examples of these group Subject terms are:
- African-Americans Biography
- Anthropology Bio-bibliography.
- Authors, Irish
- Blacks Biography
- Cardiologists Canada Biography
- France Intellectual life 19th century Biography
- Islam Biography
- Medicine United States Biography
- Surgeons Biography
- United States Biography
- Women botanists Ohio Biography
- Women Costa Rica Biography
- Worcester (Mass.) Biography
Note that by no means all biographies bear these general Subject terms. Bio-bibliography refers to a work with both biographical and bibliographical information